July 15, 2012

The Lord is My Shepherd (Poem)

The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.

Whatever I lack He provides. Whatever I need He takes care of the details for me. Therefore I do not waver in my faith. I do not doubt in His word. I do not confuse the truth with the devils lies. My Shepherd is aware of all my wants. He guides me when I’m blind. He directs me when I see. He is my Shepherd and with Him on by my side I have nothing to fear. The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.

The water is still beside me. I can lay down to sleep in peace, because I know He’s watching over me. He loves me, this I know, not just because He said it, it always shows. The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.

My soul He restores. I am on the path to heaven, because my heavenly Father taught me well. I am sadden by those who make a choice to go to hell. If they only understood God means well, He can be their shell and be their Shepherd. The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.

Many are looking for love. Come closer let me tell you a secret, I know a Shepherd where He’s love never ends and He never pretends. He loves is the real, beware of man’s bad love deal, if you know what I mean. The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.

I can walk through the shadow and know no evil thing or person can touch me, my God is with me and He comfort me. My enemies may try, but God causes me to win every time. My head is anointed with His oil and I am protected with His over flowing love. The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.

I can rest assure all the days of my life, because My God promise to take care of me and I shall see His goodness and mercy every where that I go. Therefore I choose and I will dwell in the house of the Lord. In His bosom I shall rest. The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.